Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Help is in the neighborhood.

Want to schedule a new appointment?  Click request appointment.

Already a patient and want to change an appointment? Click the button below.

Request Apppointment


The Office is open.  I continue to work during these times of COVID-19 and follow all Guidelines established by the CDC.

Ira Bilofsky, LCSW's, mission is to improve mental health through a compassionate and personalized treatment that will be immediately apparent. I have offered the highest quality counseling services in the North Wales, PA area for over 30 years while remaining locally owned. My educational and work experience have cultivated alternative approaches and solutions that lead to the personalization of stress counseling, anxiety therapy, anger management therapy, and childhood hereditary disorders.

Ira Bilofsky, LCSW applies his psychotherapy experience to serve Individuals,  families, marriages and teenage counseling needs. A few of my offered specialties include a refined OCD treatment, assessment and support for teens with eating disorders, and depression therapy. All of these services can be offered on a sliding scale to accommodate your financial needs because I believe your mental health care should be a right, not a luxury. Call me today to learn more about my affordable and reliable mental/behavioral health services.


I graduated from Temple University in 1988 with a Master's Degree in Social Work. During my College studies I worked in various Psychiatric settings including, the Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic, North Western Institute of Psychiatry and Eugenia Psychiatric Hospital. I studied the theories of Salvador Minuchin (Structural Family Therapy), Jay Haley (The Strategic Model of Psychotherapy), and Carl Whitaker, MD (who realized the need to treat the family as a whole).

  • I am a recognized authority on the diagnosis and treatment for childhood hereditary disorders (ADHD, OCD, and Tourette's Syndrome).
  • I am known for my expertise in helping Adults deal with depression, anxiety, and mental illness related to medical conditions (diabetes & pain management).
  • I consider all options in the treatment of individuals, families and in my work with couples. 


  • ADHD
  • Anger Management
  • Stress Management
  • Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Anxiety or Fears
  • Medical Illness related to MH
  • Divorce
  • Infertility
  • OCD
  • Parenting
  • Trauma and PTSD
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Personality Disorders


Telehealth Services

Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your health care. These may be technologies you use from home or that your doctor uses to improve or support health care services.


People may seek therapy for help with issues that are hard to face alone. Individual therapy is also called therapy, psychotherapy, psychosocial therapy, talk therapy, and counseling. Therapy can help people overcome obstacles to their well-being. It can increase positive feelings, such as compassion and self-esteem.  Therapy's considered as Individual therapy:

1. Depression

2. Anxiety

3. OCD

4. Eating Disorders

5. Bipolar Disorder

6. Career and Job Counseling


ADHD; Evaluations and Counseling, Behavior modification programs, help designing a program that works with home & school.

OCD: Evaluations and Counseling, as well as working with the family to understand how the illness affects the family as a whole.

BEHAVIOR: Evaluation and an Individual plan developed with parent's to change behavior from negative to positive.


1. I assess the needs of the child in trouble and help come up with a plan and goals to work toward a positive change in that child’s life.

2. I work with the family to help change how the child is seen so that the family can feel whole again or for the first time.

3. Family therapy.


I will work with the family to identify the problem and help develop a plan which can be used at home and school.

I understand the PA Special Education rules and can help parents understand them as well so they can be a better advocate in school for their child.


Traditionally, someone is identified as the problem. I look at the family as a whole and evaluate the reason they say they need help as well as the actual reason the family isn't working. Then I provide the system with a plan to correct both problems.


I listen carefully to what both parties bring to the table and try and work out a plan so that harmony can be restored to the couple through trust and mutual understanding.



**In 2017 this group was listed in the referral source guide for the Montgomery County Bar Association.  I do not write reports for the Courts or Probation.

I provide a unique service for people with anger problems. Why unique? I am the only Psychotherapist who recognizes the need for face to face Group Services.

I meet with everyone on an individual basis to assess their needs. I look at whether their needs are best suited for Individual treatment or Group. When anger presents itself after a significant trauma I usually recommend individual treatment so that the trauma is given time to heal. But when someone comes in for road rage they are perfect for group.

I provide an on-going 11 week group with a new way to look at anger.

This group will allow 5 people to be seated only.  First come first serve.


June 11, 2022, Time to be determine 

June 11, 2022  Women (Held separately)


Psychologists, Psychiatrists, & Therapists: What's the Difference?

February 2, 2020

When it comes to finding a mental health professional to best fit your needs, there are many types to choose from. It may feel a tad overwhelming figuring out which provider best fits what your needs are. Some professionals may be covered under your health insurance, others may serve in specific settings, and they often have completely different backgrounds in training and education. What do they have in common? Helping you achieve your goals, of course! Additionally, most mental health providers require a higher level of education beyond a bachelors degree, as well as additional training, practice, and exams to obtain their licensure. Here, we’ll outline the difference in care and services to make selecting your next mental health provider easier!


Psychiatrists are licensed medical doctors that specialize in mental health and psychiatric care. They can diagnose mental health conditions, prescribe and monitor medications, and provide therapy. Some psychiatrists may specialize in specific types of disorders or age groups. Many psychiatrists, as medical doctors, will work with your medical insurance providers for the costs of services. While your primary care doctor or family nurse practitioner can prescribe medication, it may be wise to visit someone that specializes in mental health care. This is true even for more common diagnoses such as ADHD, anxiety, and depression, as a psychiatrist may need to alter various types of medication and dosages to find the best fit for you or your loved one.

Required degree/licensure: Doctor of Medicine (DO) and licensed within the state that they practice.


Psychologists are trained clinicians that specialize in psychological evaluations & testing, group/individual therapy, and making mental health diagnoses. What sets them apart from psychiatrists is that they do not have a medical degree and therefore do not prescribe medication. Psychologists often are specialized for the setting in which they work, whether it is a clinic, hospital, school, etc. For example, School Psychologists receive additional training in school systems and provide consultation for teachers and administrators to optimize learning in the classroom. Clinical psychologists that are accredited with medical insurance companies will work with your insurance provider, while others accept cash pay for their services.

Required degree/licensure: Masters of Art, Science, or Education in Psychology (M.A., M.S., or M.Ed), Educational Specialist in School Psychology (Ed.S), Doctor of Philosophy in a field of Psychology or Doctor of Psychology (Ph.D or Psy.D), as well as licensure within their state. *Few states allow psychologists to become licensed with a Masters Degree, while most require a doctoral degree.


There are a variety of titles for these masters-level clinicians, including therapists, counselors, clinicians, etc. based on the setting that they work in. They can evaluate your mental health status using a variety of specific training programs. These professionals focus on symptom reduction and better ways of thinking, feeling, and living. They often focus on past grief/trauma, strengthening your relationships, helping you set boundaries, and more, based on your individual needs. These practitioners may or may not be covered by your medical insurance provider based on their licensure and accreditation. You should always check before scheduling a session with a therapist if you are wanting your services covered by your insurance.

Required Degree/Licensure: Masters Degree in a Mental Health Related Field (M.A. or M.S.) There are a variety of different types of licensure for a masters-level therapist, which include: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor (LCADAC)

Clinical Social Worker

Like therapists, clinical social workers are also trained in evaluating your mental status and providing therapeutic support. However, what sets them apart is their training in case management and advocacy services. This means they are trained in helping you make informed decisions about your care and can refer you to a number of the specialists listed here, as well as other public services you may benefit from. You may find a social worker in a variety of settings that include: clinics, schools, hospitals, government agencies, and more!

Required Degree/Licensure: Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) Like therapists, there are a variety of possible licensure for social workers, which include: Licensed Independent Social Workers (LICSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), and, Academy of Certified Social Worker (ACSW)

Other Professionals

You may encounter other professionals that have training, certification, and life experience that may be a great fit for achieving your personal growth goals. These professionals may or may not be licensed in your state and often do not accept medical insurance. There are many fantastic programs and personal growth businesses out there, however, it is important to do your research! Before you tap into your finances for these services, research reviews from previous clients, what the outcomes are, and do your best to make sure the company is legitimate.